So, I was at the Legal Awards 2010 earlier today and my earlier predictions were almost entirely wrong – displaying my depth of knowledge of the legal scene in Scotland!
Anyway, here is the list of winners in full:
- Private Client Team of the Year: Morton Fraser
- Property Team of the Year: Simpson & Marwick
- Training Provider of the Year: Central Law Training
- Support Team of the Year: Millar & Bryce
- Employment Team of the Year: Paull & Williamsons
- Public Sector Law Team of the Year: Biggart Baillie
- Litigation Team of the Year: Digby Brown
- Paralegal of the Year: Mary Anne Swan
- Family Law Team of the Year: Simpson & Marwick
- Rising Star of the Year: Audrey Dishington
- Specialist Lawyer of the Year: Ed Watt
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lord Hope of Craighead
- Firm of the Year: Harper Macleod
So, congratulations to everyone, especially Simpson & Marwick, who won two awards and Audrey Dishington of Pagan Osborne, who was a former Trainee of the Year winner and now appears as a Rising Star!
I spent the afternoon in the convivial company of some folks from fellow runners-up Maloco + Associates from Dunfermline, and very much enjoyed the food and the entertainment. After dinner speaker was Kevin Bridges, Comedian, who was very funny – but did raise some hackles when in congratulating Lord Hope of his Lifetime Achievement Award, opined that now he had won it, he would be something of a “fanny magnet”! I am assured that Lord Hope and his lovely wife took the joke in the intended spirit.