Statute law is “black letter law” and essential to any lawyer. Here’s where to find the latest legislation online.
Scottish Statute Law
Scottish Parliament: the website of the Scottish Parliament was “constructed at a far lower cost than the notorious Parliament building itself, but is no less impressive for all that.”
The Journal, November 2004
- Bills before the Scottish Parliament
- Acts of the Scottish Parliament
- Scottish Statutory Instruments
- Draft Scottish Statutory Instruments
UK Legislation which apples in Scotland: all UK Acts of Parliament and Statutory Instruments (from 1988 onwards) and any accompanying Explanatory Notes and Explanatory Memoranda, which apply exclusively or primarily to Scotland.
UK Statute Law
- UK Statute Law Database: “an online version of those annoying loose-leaf periodicals which keep track of legislation as it is amended and updated, but it takes up less space
and is absolutely free! [However] it is not yet totally up-to-date …”
The Journal, February 2007
“for some more in depth analysis of the work of the House (and especially its MPs) and more interactive participation, try TheyWorkForYou.com as well.”
The Journal, August 2007