You may have read or heard, in various media, the story of Robin Jenkins, the accountant and fraudster who embezzled nearly £100,000 from his employers. He was jailed for almost 5 years by the Sheriff in Falkirk Sheriff Court on Friday.
As it became clear to him that he was facing imprisonment, his solicitor Simon Hutchison recounted, “He basically jumped in a car and visited all the places he ever wanted to visit and was eventually caught in Callander.”
In Callander? He went to all the places he ever wanted to visit and that included Callander? No offence to the good people of Callander, but that certainly wouldn’t top my list. Here’s where I’d go – feel free to add your idea by leaving a comment below.
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer in Brazil;
- Geysir, in Iceland;
- Rocky Mountains in Canada;
- Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia in Barcelona (again);
- Great Pyramid of Giza, in Egypt;
- Locations for filming of The Lord of the Rings in New Zealand; and
- if you have to stick to Scotland, the Italian Chapel in Orkney (again).
Photo: Mogens Engelund, Wikipedia