- Online event from @TFHighland and @myrightsmysay - looking forward to it! twitter.com/TFHighland/sta… 1 day ago
- @paulmartin42 Victorian schools is one thing. New build schools without (e.g.) accessible toilets is just incompreh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- "What if, instead of a duty to put children in local schools, there was a duty to make local schools accessible, in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- "What if the language was not about taking children and deciding where to put them – like some kind of low-grade So… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- "What if the focus was on the school, rather than the child? If education was "accessible", then it would be usable… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Blawgs Child Law Constitutional Law Court of Session Criminal Law Defamation Discrimination Ecclesiatical Law Edinburgh Education Law Employment Law European Law Faculty of Advocates From the Archives Glasgow Human Rights Journal Website Reviews Just for Fun Law Centres Law Firms Legal Aid News Politics Privacy Scottish Court Service Scottish Government Scottish Parliament Supreme Court Uncategorized Yell.com Solicitors Blog
Category Archives: Education Law
It’s been quite a day for “look at me, look at me” moments!
I will be speaking at a conference in Belfast on Thursday 26 July 2010. I will be sharing my insights (!) on five years of the Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act 2004 in a presentation called “Additional Support Needs, the Scottish Experience”. Continue reading
The Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010 fails to protect rural Crossroads Primary School from closure. Continue reading
The former Head Teacher of Hermitage Academy, Donald Matheson, failed to appear at his disciplinary hearing before the General Teaching Council yesterday (9 March 2010). Continue reading
Minister for Children and Young People, Adam Ingram MSP says that paying for lawyers for vulnerable adults at the Children’s Panel is a “moral duty”. Continue reading
Very exciting news, my first Sheriff Principal case is now reported in the Scots Law Times at 2009 SLT (Sh Ct) 86.